- “collection” means the act of gathering, acquiring, recording or obtaining personal information from any source, including third parties, by any means.
- “consent” means voluntary agreement with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information for defined purposes. Consent can be either express or implied and can be provided directly by the individual or by an authorized representative, such as a parent or guardian. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from a user’s action or inaction.
- “user” means an individual who uses the Service provided by North Forge, including anyone else who accesses or visits the Sites.
- “disclosure” means making personal information available to a third party.
- “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, but not aggregated information that cannot be associated with a specific individual.
- “registered user” means a user who has created and registered an account with North Forge, as well as a Subscribing Organization that has created and registered an account or accounts with North Forge.
- “Subscribing Organization” means a company, entity or organization that has subscribed to the Service.
- “third party” means an individual other than the user, or the user’s agent, or an organization outside North Forge or a Subscribing Organization.
- “use” means the treatment, handling and management of personal information by and within North Forge.
North Forge may collect any or all of the following personal information if the information is reasonably required to provide the services accessed or requested by you:
- information that you provide when you become a registered user or otherwise complete forms on the Service, such as your name, email, postal address, telephone number, age, occupation, vehicle information (make, model, and licence plate number), and country of residence;
- your log-in and password details in connection with your account(s) with the Service, including your username;
- information that you provide to North Forge when you subscribe to the Service;
- information that you provide when you make a transaction, including services or goods purchased, method of payment, and amount paid;
- information about your personal preferences, including marketing consents;
- your correspondence with North Forge employees, including any questions, concerns or comments you may have about the Service or problems that you report;
- comments, videos, photographs, and any other content or information that you may post or submit to the Service; and
- details of your requests made through the Service.
North Forge accepts major credit cards, including Visa and Mastercard. North Forge will also accept payment via your TelPay or Stripe account. All purchases of North Forge services and goods through your TelPay or Stripe account will be directed to and handled by TelPay or Stripe. You will be bound by the privacy policies of these third party sites.
- Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
North Forge collects your personal information and will use your personal information as is reasonably required for the following purposes:
- if you are a registered user, to establish and maintain your account with the Sites and the Service;
- if you are a registered user, to provide your vehicle information (make, model, and licence plate number) to the entity responsible for having vehicles in breach of the North Forge Parking Agreement towed.
- to provide the ongoing services or information that you request;
- to verify your identity if you submit comments, videos, photographs, opinions, or any other content or information to the Service;
- to provide customer support to assist you with your questions or complaints;
- to process payments made by you to North Forge;
- to collect amounts owing to North Forge, if applicable;
- to manage and develop the business and operations of North Forge, including to analyze where our users are located, to determine the systems or devices for which we should optimize our system, and to troubleshoot network and system problems;
- to improve users’ experience of the Service, including to customize website settings;
- to track communications with you;
- to analyze use of the Service and to improve the Service;
- to detect and protect against fraud and error;
- to send emails, newsletters, regular mail or other communications you have consented to receive from North Forge;
- to provide Service-related announcements or notifications to you;
- to fulfill a purpose that we disclose to you when we request your personal information; and/or
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
North Forge staff are authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Personal information will only be collected and used by authorized staff in a manner consistent with the activities of North Forge.
North Forge may disclose your personal information to:
- its employees, agents, partners and service providers as is reasonably necessary to enable these parties to perform a business, professional or technical support function for North Forge;
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of North Forge, is seeking the information as your agent; and
- a third party or parties, such as the entity responsible for enforcing the North Forge Parking Agreement, where you consent to such disclosure or the disclosure is required by law.
If you voluntarily submit or post any information, photographs, videos or other content (“User Content”) to the Service, certain of your personal information may be included in the posting, such as your user name and email address, and this information may be collected and used by others. North Forge has no control over and is not liable for the collection, use or disclosure of any posted User Content or your included personal information by users of the Service. You are responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your personal information that you post to any other user’s North Forge messaging account.
- Safeguarding Your Personal Information
North Forge is committed to safeguarding your personal information. North Forge uses appropriate security measures to protect personal information against risks such as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction regardless of the format in which it is held. The methods of protection and safeguards used by North Forge include, but are not limited to, locked filing cabinets, need-to-know access and technological measures, including the use of passwords, encryption and firewalls. While North Forge cannot guarantee that risks such as loss, theft, unauthorized access or disclosure of personal information will not occur, North Forge will make every effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
North Forge takes care in disposing of or destroying personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information. North Forge also ensures that its employees with access to personal information are made aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information. Finally, North Forge protects personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements stipulating the confidentiality of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used.
If you are a registered user and your North Forge account becomes inactive, North Forge may choose not to retain your User Content, personal information associated with your North Forge account, or any other records associated with your North Forge account, for a period longer than three years after your North Forge account becomes inactive, in which case such information will be destroyed. If your North Forge account becomes inactive, you are solely responsible for exporting any such information from your North Forge account that you may wish to retain.
North Forge is committed to keeping your personal information as complete, up-to-date and accurate as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. North Forge will promptly correct or complete any personal information found to be inaccurate or incomplete. Where appropriate, North Forge will transmit amended information to third parties having access to the personal information in question. Upon request, North Forge will provide you with a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file to review its accuracy. Such personal information will be provided within a reasonable time of the request and at a minimal or no cost to you.
Also upon request, North Forge will provide an account of the use and disclosure of your personal information and, where reasonably possible, will state the source of the information. In providing an account of disclosure, North Forge will provide a list of organizations to which it may have disclosed personal information about you when it is not possible to provide an actual list.
- Withdrawing Consent
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by North Forge at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. In certain circumstances, your withdrawal of consent will result in the inability of North Forge to continue providing aspects of the Service to you. Please contact North Forge for more information regarding the implications of withdrawing consent.
- Non-Personal Information
Non-personal information is information that does not identify you and which we are unable to connect to other information in order to identify you. North Forge may collect any or all of the following non-personal information:
- We may also use additional analytics programs from time to time to process non-personal information about you.
We make no attempt to link this non-personal information with the identity of individuals using the Service. Non-personal information may be permanently archived for future use in any manner whatsoever by North Forge.
North Forge Privacy Officer
Mailing Address: 200 – 135 Innovation Drive, R3T 6A8, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Users register to receive commercial electronic messages regarding new services, promotions or other similar communications for each of the Service or Sites separately. If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages for any one of the Sites or Service, you may unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the commercial electronic message from the Service or Sites you no longer wish to subscribe to. Please note that, after you unsubscribe, North Forge may still send electronic communications to you in certain limited circumstances, such as to provide you with Service notifications and billing information, or to provide information that North Forge is legally obligated to provide you.
Date: May 25, 2017