Join us for RampUp Weekend 2022
Innovate, Create, Celebrate – Dare To Do!
Doors open at 5:00 pm CDT on Friday, June 3rd
Pitch Finale begins on Sunday at 6:00 pm CDT, June 5th
After 2 years, are you ready to take part in the province’s highly anticipated startup event of the year?
In 50 hours, form a team and build a startup for a chance to win $10,000!
The weekend is comprised of 6 Phases:
Phase 1: Idea Pitching (Friday evening) – Do you have a spark of an idea – or maybe you have many ideas, bring them all with you to pitch!
Phase 2: Voting (Friday evening) – Only 10 of the most innovative ideas pitched will be voted by those registered for the event to move forward to the next phase.
Phase 3: Build Your Team (Friday evening) – You’ll then build your team from fellow hipster, hacker, and hustler event registrants.
Phase 4: Build the Idea (Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday) – You’ll then work on the idea and create a startup MVP (minimum viable product) in 50 hours.
Phase 5: Startup MVP Pitching (Sunday evening) – Your team will pitch to a panel of seasoned entrepreneurship judges for your chance to win!
Phase 6: Judging (Sunday evening) – After the 10 teams have pitched their Startup MVPs, industry expert entrepreneurs will judge each team and choose the 1st and 2nd place teams. The crowd (comprised of in-person and Twitter votes) will choose the Crowd Favourite from the 8 runner-up teams!
10 teams will compete for 3 prizes:
1st place: $10,000 cash
2nd place: $5,000 cash
Crowd Favourite: $1,000 cash
Are you a Hipster, Hacker, or Hustler?
Only 100 tickets are available – Buy your tickets early to avoid missing out!
RampUp Weekend Pass: $100
RampUp Weekend Student Pass: $50
Weekend Pass price includes:
- admission for the entire weekend – 3 days
- registration fee
- food (breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday and Sunday)
- access to state of the art Innovation Hub
- industry mentors to help answer your questions
- industry research to help validate your idea
- pitch scrubbers to help you refine your Sunday pitch to the judges and crowd
Innovation Hub Amenities
The Innovation Hub in the SmartPark on the University of Manitoba Campus has many comfortable amenities to help you build your business throughout the weekend:
- high-speed WiFi
- outlets to charge your devices
- access to open-air workspaces with tables, chairs, couches, and coffee tables
- gender-neutral bathrooms
- wheelchair accessibility
- outdoor picnic tables
- close to bus routes, bicycle, and walking paths
- free parking after 5 pm on Friday and then all day on Saturday and Sunday
The Hub will be open from 8 am to 10 pm Friday, June 3rd to Sunday, June 5th.
RampUp Weekend Facts:
Three multi-million dollar companies have launched during RampUp weekends:
- Permission Click – RUW 2014
- Go Oil – RUW 2017
- Taiv – RUW 2018
- Combined, they have created jobs for 100+ individuals
- Go Oil has sold over 40 franchises in Canada and the US!
- They are driving demand for high skilled jobs in Manitoba
- They have made Manitoba one of the top innovative communities in Canada
Join this energetic team:
Our event is only made possible through the support, hard work, time, and energy of our mentors, sponsors, and volunteers. Let us help guide and create the next generation of startups together!
Thank you to everyone who has signed up to become a mentor and volunteer – we now have enough energetic people for those positions.
If you would like to become a sponsor, email our CEO, Joelle Foster, to chat.
We will be Twitter streaming the Pitch Finale on Sunday 6 pm CDT.