North Forge is hiring for a summer position! Please note, this is available to a young person 29 and under.
North Forge is a start-up incubator/accelerator with a powerhouse community to fuel Manitoba’s innovation economy. We provide entrepreneurs with award-winning mentors, rockstar subject matter experts and a new four-stage Founders Program. Armed with Canada’s largest non-profit fabrication lab, the organization operates out of 27,000 square feet across Innovation Drive and Innovation Alley in Winnipeg, Canada.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
Marketing and Communications:
- Help develop content for a wide range of initiatives being undertaken at North Forge.
- Assist with brand positioning protocols for the marketing efforts of entrepreneurial initiatives, ensuring alignment with existing standards.
- Work collaboratively with the Program and Communications Manager and the Marketing and Event Specialist in the development and production of relevant content for the website, newsletter, brochures, slide decks, news releases, media kits, and social media.
- Work collaboratively to maintain the North Forge social media channels, staying current on new trends, and ways to engage a variety of audiences.
- Proactively seek out research stories and share them with external and internal audiences.
- Develop productive relationships with various units within the university academics, leaders, staff, and founders.
- Engage with mentors for our new Founders Program.
- Provide effective communications advice and support North Forge.
- Must be a current Manitoba resident eligible to work in Manitoba
- Be a young person aged 29 and younger as of May 1, 2021 (birth date no earlier than May 2, 1991)
- Enrolled in or has completed a post-secondary degree or diploma program in marketing, communications, or business.
- Experience in digital marketing (SEO, Google analytics, keywords)
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing
- Experience in brand creation from the ground up (customer personas, brand identity) would be an asset
- Experience in visual design would be an asset
- Extroverted with positive, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles; ability to distill complex information, listen effectively and to deliver messages that have the desired impact.
- Ability to work in a small team environment and demonstrate a collaborative teamwork attitude.
- Strong understanding of web, email, and social media marketing and how to leverage related tools to strategic advantage.
- Ability to learn and effectively use software and web-based tools such as WordPress and others as required.
- Strong organization and project management skills, excellent attention to detail and ability to work with creative, printing, and other agencies and vendors.
Application deadline: until filled
- We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
- Position end date is August 31st, 2021
- We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Whitney Moir at email@example.com