This position is a one-year maternity leave with a potential of 18 months.
The Manager is responsible for overseeing and working with the Marketing and Events Specialist to deliver communications and marketing programs, including brand management, advertising, marketing, media relations, website content, special events and internal communications. The Manager will also work with the CEO to ensure delivery of the Founders Program and other programming initiatives.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
Marketing and Communications:
- Assist in developing content for a wide range of initiatives including documentation related to key entrepreneurial initiatives and programs.
- Produce, in collaboration with the Marketing and Events Specialist, high-quality communications materials, including brochures, slide decks, reports, speaking notes, news releases, media advisories, media kits, web content, etc.
- Oversee social media channels in collaboration with the Marketing and Events Specialist. Staying current on new trends and ways to engage a variety of audiences.
- Proactively seek out relevant stories and share them with external and internal audiences, through the blog, the website, internal articles, etc.
- Contribute to and manage slack channel communication.
Strategic Planning / Reporting:
- In conjunction with senior leadership, continue developing the communications and marketing plan for specific project-based initiatives.
- Build a positive reputation for North Forge by engaging key stakeholders across the City of Winnipeg, Province of Manitoba, Canada wide and international.
- Contribute to board reports.
- Project management: Plan, implement, manage and follow-up for all internal and external events from complex and large-scale events to smaller events. This will also include planning and organizing all pitch competitions and hackathons.
- Create and manage events project timeline tracking and regularly reporting on key performance indicators, deadlines, and deliverables to the North Forge team to ensure timely execution of event preparations.
- Develop an events strategy designed to support North Forge programming
- Actively identifying sponsorship and grant opportunities related to the special events.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality.
- Analyze events for effectiveness by identifying, evaluating, and reporting results and ROI to the North Forge team.
Community and Stakeholder Relationships:
- Manage relationships with sponsors, partners, mentors, SME’s, and media outlets.
- Work collaboratively with the CEO to identify, engage, and oversee sponsorship and partnerships.
- Develop productive relationships with founders, academics, graduates, and funders.
- Attend and represent North Forge at relevant community events.
- Conduct all the intake meetings for Pathfinder and Base Camp applicants.
- Recruit, engage and lead volunteers; inclusive of coordinating speakers, subject matter experts and the mentor network.
- Track all metrics and use the metrics to inform program improvement activities and provide numbers for government reporting.
- Manage all founder fundamental training sessions. Scheduling, logistics, etc.
- Manage all founder resources.
- Manage founder reporting.
- Be the lead on Pathfinder and Base Camp with all founders, touching base every two weeks with founders.
- Track engagement by founders in training, webinars, subject matter experts (SME’s) sessions. Follow up on any lack of engagement.
- Manage and monitor satisfaction feedback from all founders, collecting testimonials.
- Post-secondary in business, marketing, communication or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing and communications.
- Experience in managing people.
- Entrepreneurial experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing strategic communications, social media, and marketing programs/campaigns.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles; ability to distill complex information, listen effectively and to deliver messages that have the desired impact.
- Ability to work in a small team environment and demonstrate a collaborative teamwork attitude.
- Advanced level experience using Microsoft Office.
- The ability to demonstrate professionalism, discretion, courtesy, and respect in all interactions.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- Assist in additional project deliverables as required.
- Additional duties as required.
- This position is not remote and will be at the North Forge Smartpark location (441-100 Innovation Drive) in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Free parking is included.
- North Forge offers a competitive salary and benefits package to all employees.
- Please state your salary expectations in your cover letter.
- The job posting closes April 30th, 2021
- Interviewing will begin on May 3, 2021
- The position will begin on June 1, 2021
- Please submit your resume and cover letter to Whitney Moir at firstname.lastname@example.org