We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated Marketing and Events Specialist to join our fast-growing team!
We are in the process of rolling out three new initiatives and we are looking for someone who wants to be a part of something exciting and new, someone who enjoys working with entrepreneurs and wants to grow our incubator/accelerator globally.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, a versatile creative writer, and a team player who lives in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
North Forge Technology Exchange is a hybrid incubator/accelerator and the innovation partner for the Province of Manitoba. We fuel Manitoba’s innovation economy providing founders with award-winning mentors, rockstar subject matter experts and a new four-stage Founders Program. We have helped over 60 companies access over 180 million dollars in financing and created hundreds of jobs. Armed with Canada’s largest non-profit fabrication lab, North Forge operates out of 27,000 square feet across Innovation Drive and Innovation Alley in Winnipeg, Canada.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
Marketing and Communications:
· Contribute to the development of new branding including documentation related to key North Forge initiatives in Winnipeg, Northern and rural Manitoba.
· Work collaboratively in the development of relevant content for the website, blog, and newsletter.
· Coordinate production of all marketing materials including copywriting and conceptualizing advertisements, prospectus/brochures, advertisement, and other campaigns.
· Design and execute a content strategy for social media platforms.
· Manage all social media channels and coordinate replies as needed.
· Develop and execute annual social media calendar of events, postings and paid social campaigns.
· Produce photo and video content for the social media channel.
· Perform monthly analytics as well as ongoing brand monitoring and reporting.
· Provides effective communications advice and support to North Forge and entrepreneurial initiatives.
· Participate in the planning and execution of various online events with assistance from the Program and Communications Manager.
· Liaising with speakers.
· Analyze events for effectiveness by identifying, evaluating, and reporting results and ROI to the team.
· Once all COVID restrictions are lifted, and with assistance from the Program and Communications Manager, this job will entail
o Planning, implementing, and follow-up for all in-person (internal and external) events from complex and large-scale events to smaller events. This will also include planning and organizing all pitch competitions and hackathons.
o Responsibilities include but are not limited to the coordination of events including event planning, ordering catering, managing registration, logistics, event contracts, on-site event management, assisting presenters with their A/V requirements, as well as assisting with the set-up, tear-down and clean up of North Forge events; including moving tables and chairs. The ideal candidate will be proactive in handling any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
Qualifications / Requirements:
· Post-secondary degree in business with a focus on Marketing or Communications is considered an asset.
· Three to five years of experience in marketing, with experience in digital marketing and online marketing strategies.
· Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing strategic communications, social media, and marketing programs/campaigns, which include effective creation and execution of large-scale projects and campaigns aimed at targeted audiences.
· Proficient with WordPress, InDesign, and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to learn and effectively use software and web-based tools such as Zoom, Eventbrite, HubSpot and others as required.
· Strong understanding of the web, email, and social media marketing and how to leverage related tools to strategic advantage.
· Experience with social analytics and monitoring tools.
· Proficient writing skills and storyteller, experience in writing blogs an asset.
· Strong eye for design and ability to provide creative direction.
· Experience with graphic design is an asset.
· Ability to work in a small team environment and demonstrate a collaborative teamwork attitude.
· Highly organized and ability to work on tight deadlines.
· Must be able to work in a multi-task, fast-paced environment that will also entail potential early morning, evenings, and weekend work once all COVID restrictions are lifted.
Why North Forge
· This is an opportunity to help rebuild something exciting and make a measurable impact in our province.
· We have competitive health and dental benefits.
· A standing desk, office, computer, and unlimited coffee will be provided.
· Free parking.
Application deadline: 2020-11-03
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, submit a cover letter, and resume to email@example.com.