Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant will provide overall administrative support and assist in operations at the Innovation Hub located at 441-100 Innovation Drive in Winnipeg, MB. They will also be the primary point of contact for North Forge to ensure smooth, efficient, and effective operations.
The work requires an experienced understanding of how an effective office should run. Success in this position includes efficient management of time, information, and email correspondence. Attention to detail is essential for the preparation and processing of various high-level and often confidential documents. This position is part of a team, and to serve the high-volume workloads, the incumbent must be able to adapt and recognize areas and opportunities where they can assist their fellow team members. Strict deadlines and constantly changing priorities are inherent to this office and its business; there are frequent interruptions from telephone and visitors to the office. As such, the incumbent must exercise impeccable judgment when dealing with all stakeholders. Some of the essential requirements are working successfully under pressure, prioritizing work, meeting deadlines, and building productive relationships with others.
This role will be broken down into two areas.
Office Administration Responsibilities
- Respond to general inquiries received by phone and email.
- Manage and record all North Forge Founders Program applications received.
- Manage and maintain the North Forge asset inventory list in collaboration with the FabLab Assistant.
- Schedule and minute taking at weekly staff meetings.
- Coordination of the fire safety plan with the co-chair of the Health and Safety committee.
- Manage contracts as required and keep track of contract end dates, renewals, and cancellations.
- Manage North Forge software programs, accesses, and invoicing: Google for Business, Zoom, QuickBooks, Hubspot, PayPal, MyHSA, Adobe Acrobat/Adobe, Slack.
- Onboard new employees.
- Primary contact for office and coworking desk tenants, inquiries on rentals and parking at the Innovation Hub.
- Manage and maintain office equipment.
- Assist with accounts receivable by initiating invoices in QuickBooks, also entering received payments into QuickBooks.
- Assist with accounts payable by coding, collecting, and coding supplier invoices and submitting for payment to the Comptroller’s office.
- Collate all staff credit cards to ensure all receipts are attached and code for input into QuickBooks.
- Oversee HubSpot (CRM system) and ensure data management of all founder e-files.
- Assist the Program and Communication Manager on correspondence with founders.
- Assist with events as needed.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities
- Maintain regular check-in updates with the CEO on office operations.
- Provide expert administrative support through the preparation of detailed agendas, presentations, and other preparatory documentation for all meetings (internal and external),
- Ensure timely follow up and action through the development and management of action plans.
- Provide dedicated administrative support to the CEO encompassing the following:
- Scheduling meetings with high level internal and external stakeholders, ensuring logistical needs are met; responding to requests for information (and taking necessary and appropriate action).
- Assisting in planning, organizing, and coordinating special projects.
- Overseeing completion of board reports and communication with the board.
- Scheduling travel.
- Monitoring and providing support on emails.
- Creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Diploma or certificate in Office Administration with 5 to 7 years of administrative experience and/or Executive Assistant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong knowledge of board reports and working with boards.
- The candidate must be a very organized individual with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced level experience using Microsoft Office.
- The ability to demonstrate professionalism, discretion, courtesy, and respect in all interactions.
- Strong communication skills. Able to convey information clearly and concisely as well as seek information efficiently.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- Additional duties as required.
- This position is not remote and will be at the North Forge Smartpark location (441-100 Innovation Drive) in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Free parking is included.
- North Forge offers a competitive salary and benefits package to all employees.
- Please state your salary expectations in your cover letter.
- The deadline for this position is Friday, April 9, 2021.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter to Whitney Moir at email@example.com.